Pages - Menu

Donated 5 dollar to Brian Lunduke

Brian Lunduke is the co-host of The Linux Action Show who recently decided to open source all of his commercial games and applications if he reached $4000 in recurring donations. He has reached this goal and all his software will be released under the GPL license.
The following apps have been open-sourced:
Paypal history for donation to bryan lunduke from The Linux Action Show
One time donation to Bryan Lunduke (Radical Breeze) Paypal history screenshot
Why I donated?
I donated because this was a great opportunity to help open source some commercial applications. Whenever you get chance like this you have to take advantage of it I think. Though his software may not be -that- great yet, I think by open-sourcing it, it may vastly improve over time.

Benefits For Donating
With every Dollar you donate, you get 1 vote in a monthly poll for new features etc. So with my 5 dollar donation, I will get 5 votes in that poll next month. The open-sourcing of these formerly closed-source software is also a major benefit of course :-)

What Will My Donation Change?
Well, in this case, my donation will help Brian to support his family for another month since he won't sell any software anymore. Plus we get lots of new free and open source software!!

Bryan Lunduke's Homepage

No comments:

Post a Comment